So here's my book:
The front and back cover. Feathers just don't scan well! It really looks lovely in person.
This was the first spread I finished, and I love how the layers worked together. I did the word page a little bit differently, playing off of the typical bird identification book.
She was a TON of fun to do, and my family really loves her boldness.
This is the only bird I did that isn't made up. I thought the crossbill was such an unusual bird, though, that it would fit in well with my other fantasy fowl.
This is my signature page. I cut out enough eggs (that sit in the pocket at the back of the book) for everyone to write their info on! I think its a fun play on the pocket use.
Here's the template on each of the pages for you guys to use. You have **complete** liberty to work outside of the lines - I just hope having them there will help you know where the head meets the body meets the legs for future cutting. :)
I'll try to get this out in the mail in the next couple of days!